- I am originally from Montgomery, Alabama and graduated from a small high school with only 87 people in my graduating class.
- I attended Auburn University and received a Bachelor of Architecture- 5 year professional degree.
- I am a registered architect in South Carolina!
- I moved to Charleston and worked for a local architecture firm, Gibson Thompson Guess Architects and worked on many interesting projects around town. During that time I volunteered several times to critique Wando’s Civil Engineering and Architecture class final projects and became fascinated with the Engineering curriculum and opportunities Wando offered to high school students.
- The opportunity arose to teach Civil Engineering and Architecture and Introduction to Engineering Design at Wando, and I snatched up the opportunity!
- Certified to teach Project Lead the Way Courses (engineering coursework designed for high school students)
- I received Wando's Rookie Teacher of the Year award in 2011
|| 843-881-8200 ext 24021
| Room #:
| Office Hours:
| Mon/Tue./Thu. 7:45am-8:15am
to Engineering Design is an introductory course that develops student
problem solving skills with emphasis placed on the development of
three-dimensional computer models. Students will learn a problem
solving design process and how it is used to design products. A
Computer Aided Design (CAD) software program will be used to create,
analyze, and evaluate the designs. The techniques learned and equipment
used is state of the art and currently being used by engineers
throughout the country.
Engineering and Architecture is the study of the design and
construction of residential and commercial building projects. The major
focus of the course is to
students to the design and construction of residential and commercial
building projects which will include architectural drawings, site
planning, landscape design, structural design, and foundation systems.
The course applies and concurrently develops secondary level knowledge
and skills in mathematics, science, art, and technology.
the activity-project-problem-based (APPB) teaching and learning,
students will analyze, design and build electronic 3D models in our
Autodesk 3D modeling computer software-Revit, and will also build
physical models of residential and commercial facilities.
implementing these designs students will continually hone their
interpersonal skills, creative abilities and understanding of the design
Civil Engineering and Architecture is one of four specialization courses in the Project Lead The Way®high school pre-engineering program.